Honey Extractor Rental
Warren County Ohio Beekeepers has a honey extractor that can be rented by members for $5.00 per day. The Maxant 6 frame extractor is stored in a storage unit near Monroe Ohio.
To reserve the extractor fill out the following form with your name, email address, the date you would like to pick up the extractor, and the number of days you will be using the extractor.
Once you complete and send the reservation form, our treasurer will verify your membership and the availability of the extractor for the desired dates. If all is OK you will receive an email from the treasurer. The email will contain a link to the storage facility’s contact information. It also will include a password that lets the facility know that you have been approved for the extractor rental. The facility contact will provide you with a temporary gate code for the storage facility, the storage unit number, and the location of the key. The extractor has a large wooden platform that should be used as it stabilizes the extractor during operation.
Please return the extractor clean per the instructions on the website. Once you have returned the extractor select Members>Return Extractor from the website menu. Complete the form on this page and you will be directed to Paypal for the rental amount. Any questions or comments should be directed to email@example.com.
CLEANING THE EXTRACTOR
Be sure to clean inside AND outside as this is for food products..
1. Please do not disassemble the extractors to clean them. They don’t always go back together the same way as the original.
2. First Use COLD water (a hose is OK) and dish soap along with gentle washing to loosen wax and honey. *NOTE: Wax will melt and make a big mess if you use warm or hot water initially to clean the extractor.
3. Second, clean again with cold water.
4. Third Wash again with liquid dish soap, Rinse well with HOT tap water, Dry, and also let it air dry.
5. Thank you for returning it CLEANER than when you borrowed it.
Don’t forget You Should clean the extractor before use also.