Prepare for overwintering
Keep Bees Alive by Michigan State University
Feeding Your Bees
Building a feederCandy Board - Apple Lady Craig
Preparing food for your beesRecipes
Keeping Bees Snug
Candy Boards can provide both food as well as moisture control helping keep your bees snug.
- Other considerations:
- Check your colony’s level of candy wealth and replenish when needed.
- If you are planning on purchasing bees for 2019, the time is now. Some are already sold
out for spring orders.
- Beginning planning your location/s for your new hives or expanding apiary.
- Build and paint boxes, and assemble frames.
- Browse through the many beekeeping catalogs. Many vendors will have a
table/booth at SWOBA school in March and you can pick up orders there to save shipping.
- Read some good beekeeping books.
bee hive components.pdf · version 1