Honey extractor for Club Member use. The extractors are to be returned clean and in good working order. To reserve the extractor please follow this link: Request Extractor. The cost is $5 each day. Return the Extractor & Pay via PayPal using this link.
Information on the care of the extractor, courtesy of a post by SWOBA
CLEANING THE EXTRACTOR
Be sure to clean inside AND outside as this is for food products.
1. Please do not disassemble the extractors to clean them. They don’t always go back together the same way as the original.
2. First Use COLD water (a hose is OK) and dish soap along with gentle washing to loosen wax and honey. *NOTE: Wax will melt and make a big mess if you use warm or hot water initially to clean the extractor.
3. Rinse with Cold tap water.
4. Third Wash again with liquid dish soap, Rinse well with HOT tap water, Dry with a CLEAN cloth, and also let it air dry. Do not leave it out for the bees to clean. This may contribute to the spread of disease amongst the bees.
5. Thank you for returning it CLEANER than when you borrowed it.
Don’t forget You Should clean the extractor before use also.